About Me

My photo
just shooting questions to the universe and hoping that when the right time comes I will receive some answers, or if not, I will be given something to enrich my life.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Tender mercies

I've learned that the high point of any narrative is the moment of crisis that is triggered by a strong experience. And from the crisis point the narrative comes to its resolution.
Telenovelas are popular because they tend to involve the viewers especially in that moment of crisis when the protagonist and the villain are at their best, opposing forms. That highpoint is easy to identify because it is really the crux, where energies and words are at their highest and lowest.
But in life it rarely happens, or maybe I'm speaking about my life. It is more like an accumulation of little and ordinary daily things that you just take for granted. They're what I call the hassles of everyday life. They are like termites. They eat you up slowly but surely, until you just wake up one day and ask yourself "how have I arrived at this point?"
There is also no single point when you just say to yourself, "It has been resolved" or "I have already passed it". Sometimes no forgiveness is asked or given. You just live one day at a time. And time itself heals you slowly, through little, awkward steps, little and silent signs, small things which I call tender mercies.

No comments:

Post a Comment