About Me

My photo
just shooting questions to the universe and hoping that when the right time comes I will receive some answers, or if not, I will be given something to enrich my life.

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Touch and believe

Now a week later his disciples were again inside and Thomas was with them. Jesus came, although the doors were locked, and stood in their midst and said, "Peace be with you." Then he said to Thomas, "Put your finger here and see my hands, and bring your hand and put it into my side, and do not be unbelieving, but believe." Thomas answered and said to him, "My Lord and my God!" (John 20:26-28)

There must be something miraculous about the human touch. I come from a culture where touching is not very much encouraged; but it isn't looked at with malice and suspicion as it is in some places. Anyway, this is not the point of this musing.
I have experienced, in many occasions, the power of the human touch. A big, tight hug, a tap on the shoulder, holding of hands, gave me comfort during many of my strongest experiences. They are signs that I matter, that I am not alone, that someone cares.
One of my favorite songs has a line that says "we climb our mountains all alone". Yes, we cannot run away from this feeling of aloneness. We have to go through the way of solitude if we want to grow and not remain infants. But the warmth of a human touch, at the right time, changes our whole perspective and attitude as we go through the journey of solitude in order to find our roots and wings.
I am not alone. I share the lot of other men and women who are in a journey of finding meaning in our lives.

No comments:

Post a Comment