About Me

My photo
just shooting questions to the universe and hoping that when the right time comes I will receive some answers, or if not, I will be given something to enrich my life.

Tuesday, January 1, 2019

May God's face shine on you


I love the first reading on the first Mass of every year. It is taken from the book of Numbers.
It speaks of the Lord telling Moses how Aaron and his sons (the priests) are to bless the Israelites:
  The Lord bless you and keep you!
  The Lord let his face shine upon you, and be gracious to you!
  The Lord look upon you kindly and give you peace!
I've read somewhere that the phrase "shine upon you" means "make you smile".
Yes, my prayerful wish is that we may turn our face to God so that His face may shine upon us. As Pope Benedict XVI said, "God doesn't take anything away from us. Rather, He gives us everything".

No comments:

Post a Comment