About Me

My photo
just shooting questions to the universe and hoping that when the right time comes I will receive some answers, or if not, I will be given something to enrich my life.

Monday, May 24, 2010

Mother Mary in my life

Mary is, and has always been a mother to me, especially after I’ve lost my own mother in 2001. The way I consider Mary as my mother is in a way influenced by my own experience of my mother. Mary’s presence in my life is like a quiet thread that runs through my life. She has never sought to be the protagonist in my life, but she has always led me to Jesus.
As I try to deepen my relationship with Mother Mary, I am greatly helped by Scriptures, especially the Gospels. They help me to know the historical Mary, who also had her own share of doubts and questions, of disappointments and struggles. Mary in Scriptures is not a cold ideal that is unreachable, but someone who can relate with me as she herself has gone through an interesting and unpredictable journey.
This was a very recent experience as I meditated on the Seven sorrows of Mary during the Lenten season. Mary’s sorrows are mirrors of my own losses, disappointments, struggles and failures. She is helping me to face them with courage and serenity, filled with trust in God, the faithful One.

No comments:

Post a Comment